Monday 23 March 2020

Sun flowers for HOPE

Hi Peeps!

Yes, I am beginning to craft again after my broken leg fiasco. While I cannot stand for long I can stand for a while and I can sit. I can also clamber down the stairs - if the cat will get off the stair tread for me - to the festering, dirty craft place. It needs a jolly good going over! I will gradually get that set to rights as the leg improves. But for now - no moon boot! Yeah!

It is Week 4 at Unstampabelles

The current challenge is

#98 March Challenge, 2020 - Hope


What represents Hope?

Flowers (Tulips, Myrtle, Marjoram, Lotus, Daisy); castles in the air; clouds; sunshine; and sunrises; new beginnings and/or birth; energy and youth; to name only a few things.

You can tell us what represents HOPE to you.....

TWIST - use yellow as the main colour


A stunning sunrise over the Lady Nelson on the Hobart waterfront thanks to Katy Morgan.

You can also follow Katy via instagram ðŸ‘‡
www.instagram.com/katypotaty77

Now, my card

I found this image in my box of images collected from various sources but I think this one  I won from Bob's Spinning Wheel a few years ago.  
I won a big prize and picked out some stuff and waited and waited but it didn't arrive.
Six months later I emailed them, didn't hear anything but about 3 weeks after that a big box arrived from them full of lots of stuff.
Some of it was useless for cardmaking but still great images for book covers and such.
I was pleased to get anything really as I thought they wouldn't post it to Tassie. 

I have been using it for a while now and the size of the pile has diminished only slightly.


I added some TH ephemera and a big metal butterfly I have had for ages.
Too big to use mostly but it fit here quite well.
I added a yellow border.
The base card is folded card I have had in the stash for a while.
Don't quite know where I got it from.



I do like sunflowers but am not game to grow them as I have heard they seed and 
spread as a weed in the bush.

Anyway - a face like that can only inspire hope. 

Why not have a go at making something?
You have until Friday midnight (AET) to get it posted

Remember - no stamps








1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Such a bright sunflower - definately a sign of Hope.
I'm sure your foot was a curse to start with however I bet you are relieved for the self isolation now. Stay well.