Monday 2 March 2020

March challenge at A Place to Start

Hello Peeps- long time mo contact!

That's because I fell over and broke my fibula near the ankle - a subtle fracture they tell me but it hurt at the time! My right leg is encased in a moon boot and I have to have it up quite a bit so I have been tied to the couch for about 3 weeks upstairs away from my stash!

However, I have escaped! Briefly. I have managed to get down the spiral stairs and gather up enough stash to make some things. In addition, laying on my back with my legs up has meant too much time scrolling through on-line stores and too many parcels arriving at the door! So, I might have a few new toys to play with as well that haven't made it downstairs yet......


This month, we have an 
"Unconventional Materials" challenge 
for those who want to stretch their creativity!  

In other words use a household item in your crafting to embellish your work!

I didn't quite know what to use but while writing out the shopping list this morning ..... eureka!




You can see what are the important purchases!
Also working out the housekeeping for the fortnight.....

Coffee is so expensive!
He buys the alcohol - thems the rules.


Here is the shopping pad on the fridge ready to someone to write down 
the items needed at the next shop


Here is me working at my 'desk' on the couch, foot in air!
Went with second try...


There are two Darkroom Door stamps (delivered this morning) in this
The strip scribble on the left edge
The sentiment - stamped twice - once with Poppy Parade and then with Memento Black just touched to the stamp for a grungy look

My wonderful woman is from Viva Les Vegas Stamps
They arrived in January but I had not had time to ink them apart from when I put them in the boxes



The sequins are SU sequins from the Poppy Suite
Black and red and orange ones
Old Olive ink used on strip down the side.

I just folded some black card to make the base
and stuck the shopping list to it. 
Done. 

Please enter the challenge at 


You have four weeks to do so. 

I will enter this at the following challenges:

2 Sisters on the blog: stripes and/or dots. I have those!
A Perfect Time to Craft: Anything Goes - it is a perfect time atm!
Corrosive Challenge: Anything Goes



3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great idea, a fridge notes is very useful!

frommycraftroom said...

What a great excuse to shop! Good to see you have found a way to be creative under the circumstances!
Love the shopping list and they use of the shopping list.

Nicolette said...

Very nice.
Thank you for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog. And that you became a follower.
Nicolette DT