Thursday 5 March 2020

Bizzy Bec's March Challenge

Hello Peeps

I have made a card for this monthly challenge at Bizzy Bec's, which is usually "Anything Goes"!

While laying on my couch last week I got a parcel from Bizzy Bec's place, with my latest order and in it were two stencils from Taylored Expressions. I had just seen the Exotic Leaves being used on Pinterest somewhere, and had been intrigued by the way it was used - so I stole the idea (or C'ased it).

Unfortunately I cannot find it again and so cannot attribute the original artist. If it is you please let me know. I used it because I could continue to lay on the couch and with minimum effort make this card with the stash I had available on the side table!


I used the following items: 

Tim Holtz Inks - three greens
Sponges
Scraps from my working desk
SU card - Poppy Parade and poppy die cut
Sentiment from SU


Can you see the complete leaf on the top right side?
Once I had created the background on Whisper White card, using all three inks, 
starting with the lightest and randomly sponging through the stencil, 
I repeated this using just one ink - the brightest green - on just that one leaf (twice).
Then I fussy cut out the two leaves. 

The circle was scrap
The sparkly square was a leftover from another project last year
The red flowers were from a pack of die cuts from SU

I just layered them up with dimensionals as it suited me.

Bizzy Bec's Challenge is open all March

The winner of the challenge will receive:


5 Digital Stamps of your choice

Kindly donated from Bizzy Becs Online Store- a fabulous range of Various Stamps, Dies and Embellishments for all your crafty needs, wants. and must haves!

No comments: