Monday 14 September 2020

A Phoenix from the Ashes!

 Hi Peeps


Over at Unstampabelles the second week of the current challenge has just begun

The theme is The Phoenix or Rising Above (adversity or trouble)

I made a card to give to a female friend who has had a bad year but is surviving....
I took a sheet of w/c paper and halved it
It is cold pressed so has a bit of tooth but is not very rough.

I started by using my newly acquired dot daubers from Jane Davenport
I saw someone painting with these and followed the idea
Just dab them onto my glass and spray with water and then use  paintbrush to apply


I had drawn an outline with pencil and using that I added some w/c paints 
I managed to get a big blob of red as well - of ink so it would not spread but I am ignoring it!
Then I used my fine line pen (after drying the sheet a bit) to put the black lines in


I added the sentiment to a sheet of scrap and painted it as well before
cutting it up and adding black ink on the edges.
When it was stuck down, I wrote the name of the person the quote is supposed to belong to....
...and some bling.


I forgot to do the twist but my w/c paper is textured......does that count?

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card, so creative!