Monday 26 October 2020

Inspire and Thanks for Unstampabelles Final Week Challenge#105

 Hello Peeps......not the best of times but lets not think about that this week and concentrate on remembering who inspired you to start crafting. My Mother was a great knitter and she crocheted and sewed. I did embroidery for a while and knitted but I got drawn to Scrapbooking and as most of you know, I ended up in the rabbit hole of Papercrafting. 

I have lots of people who inspired me in those early days but many of them have left the blog world and returned to life. Some are still around but I cannot remember everybody's names now and I don't want to miss anyone out. 

My team inspire me too - the Belles at Unstampabelles. They rise to the occasion so often and come up with amazing stuff. So, for the Unstampabelle's team.....a tag......



Come Fly with me........


I started with a tag that came with stamps from KaiserCraft
and painted it white with heavy white gesso

I have some wooden letters so spelled out INSPIRE. I was going to paint them too 
but decided to leave them their natural colour.


When the gesso was dry (overnight) I used watercolour paint to scribble some bars of colour down the tag in pastel shades and then glued on the letters

These rub-on booklets came from Joann's in USA (Denver) and that was over 14 years ago - I know because my grandson was 5 months old when I saw him there and he turns 15 next month!
Nothing feels so good as using up old stash!

You can see stickers too - same deal.
The thanks is a sticker


Then I added stuff to the front and turned it over to discover I had not painted the back!


I cut some card and fitted it to the back
-useful to write a note there.....


I used TH stickers to make a story for my birdcage and bird
and added some bling!


There you have it!
You have a week to enter and remember.... NO STAMPS!






1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Fabulous!

I wish I could take on the textured grungy look! I really struggle with it. You do it so well.

I won my very first prize patrol from Paperific over the weekend and it was socially distanced delivered yesterday. I have some chipboard and wood cuts now - I only had the odd one or two before!
Certainly looking forward to some parts of normal life returning now and we don't go backwards again.