Monday 5 October 2020

Tags for Bizzy Bec's new Challenge

Hi Everyone.

Over at Bizzy Bec's is the start of the new October challenge

Everything Goes

There are some digi stamps on offer as a prize - from Bec herself!
They are gorgeous!

I repurposed two clothing tags for this challenge
Firstly I painted them white with heavy Gesso on both sides


I then scraped of some paint to take this shot so you can see the raw label underneath
because I am not very organised these days!
I repainted it.


I am also not very patient so I used the heat gun to dry them off and the paint 
bubbled a bit but I like this so didn't panic!


Then I used a lot of black ink and some stamps from Dark Room Door
to grunge them up a bit - details on these below
Bec sells DRD stamps and stuff!


Where the bubbles were the ink stuck to the raise bits well and mde for more texture.
The ribbon came with the tags - I just replace it.


Great tags for the male presents
Some paper word chips too from my stash


White Gesso
Word chips from my stash

Repurposed clothing labels


 








3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great recycling of the cloths tags, love the grunge effect (and loved also the scraped paint over the label... sorry you have covered it :D ) The inked bubbles look great too.

Gail said...

I love them both , the grungy backgrounds look good.

frommycraftroom said...

WOW. Love the paint bubbles too they add so much. Great upcycling tags. This I would consider out of my comfort zone yet you are a master.