Monday 26 April 2021

ANZAC DAY Tribute for Unstampabelles Challenge#110: Animals

 A long shot I know, but I had fun making it so the theme Animal Fun sort of fits - man is an animal too.

There are a lot of layers which is the TWIST for Unstampabelles for the month of April.


I started with a sheet of w/c paper and in the top part I created a morning sky with my w/c pens.

I tore some card to create a background of hills and a foreground of lawns. I used a die cut to create the field of poppies and glued them over my lawn. 


I mounted the sheet onto some red and then onto the white card base.
The die cut of the soldier and the sentiment were then added, with the soldier being lifted up a little.


It is quite evocative - we couldn't get to a service this year as hubby is not well enough yet, sothis in a way was my tribute for the day.


My Dad was a Japanese POW on the Burma Railway for 3 and a half years, and spent time in Syria and Egypt before that during WWII. He died aged 69 from illnesses contracted during this time. 
I never forget.


Details on the soldier - a nice die.

I know it probably doesn't really match this months theme but it is what I made this week.

You have until Friday night to enter. 


No comments: