Monday 5 July 2021

Challenge #113 at Unstampabelles is Art and all that Jazz

The new challenge at Unstampabelles this month is

July - Art and all that Jazz


TWIST: multi-media piece

Recently I got some new colouring crayons called Marzipan Twists, created by Jane Davenport
I do love Jane's stuff and I am gradually building up a collection of mediums
These are a really creamy, soft, vibrant coloured crayon that can be smooched or have water added to them to move them around
Today I chose to play with a Jane girl (already drawn on card) and colour her in to see how the crayons responded to me and if I liked using them......the answer is a great big YES!

I got both sets but these are more the face/skin tones
(The corn advert is to cut the glare spot - it is raining and gloomy and so photo's were taken inside)

You can see the image is about an A6 size


I used the crayons for colour and my finger of these little sponge tips (from Jane) to smooth the colour onto the card
I added some white and black inks as well 


She reminded me of the matches girl (Redheads) so I made her with red hair....


Then I used the Ladybird Dotters to create an easy background 


They are so easy to use and if you tap them hard they also splat for you....


Then I added the page into one of my art journals and sort of created a mess around the edges.....
There is torn washi tape and other washi tape plus some doodling 


I am happy with her as is and I learnt a lot about the way these crayons work without using water on them....next time I will try water on them and see what eventuates. 


Happy crafting


No comments: