Sunday 1 April 2012

Happy Birthday Catherine

Our daughter celebrates her birthday today and here is her card:




 I am going to enter it into the challenge at Simply Stampin', who have a colour challenge:

A close up of the colouring - I had two goes at colouring this image - one with Copics which I used on the card and one with watercolour pencils (Inktense) - I preferred the Copic version, which one do you like?



The image is from Kitty Lane, an Australian company and as soon as I saw the frogs I had to have it - I have been know to collect a few frogs.  My daughter has a musical family (not through my genes: step-mums don't pass those on, and I am not know to hold a tune) - and I thought this appropriate! The card is all SU in the colours stated, and the DP is from Bo Bunny's Ad Lib collection. 
                 

10 comments:

kelly said...

great colouring, I'm sure your step-daughter will love it,
THanks for joining us at Simply Stampin this week.
Kelly xx

Monica said...

Love those musical frogs, Susan. Such a happy chappy card. She will love it. I seem to like frogs on my cards too but in real life I cannot stand them. Lol.

Monica xxx

Sarah-Jane said...

Fab card. I love the frogs and bright papers.
Sarah-Jane xx

Alison xx said...

What a fun card. I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday.Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

marion said...

Lovely stamp and such a cheerfull card. Hugs, Marion

Unknown said...

Another great project, am loving your colour choice and the image is just gorgeous. I adore frogs I must say, Hugz Suzanne

Amanda Burditt said...

Fun! Love the bright colours! Very cheery - thanks for joining in the SSC! x

Ruth M said...

What a happy, fun, froggy card! So bright and cheery, perfect for your step-daughter's birthday!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week and I hope you'll play along with us again soon!
Ruth x

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Such an adorable card!! Love the colors and how it came together Susan. Gloria

Visit my blog - would love more members.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Michelle Looi said...

oo so happy! Really happy cheery colors!
Thanks for joining us at 365cards
~Michelle