Monday 1 February 2016

A New Challenge at Eclectic Ellapu for 2016

The first (and therefore newest) challenge for the Purple Team over at Eclectic Ellapu  for 2016 is

Make and/or Decorate a Gift Bag/Box

I have been playing around with ColorBurst Powders in the last few days
People who look at my blog might have seen the image I created doing this and stencilling with Dylusions black paint.

Here is a reprise of the creation of the image:

The left hand side one is stencilled in black Dylusion ink and then this was sprayed with a matt spray to ensure the ink did not run when I added the powders 



I added the powders and spritzed the watercolor paper with water and this is the effect I got - nice!


What to do with my creation, I thought, and so I added some works - again through a stencil, and using a Versamark pen, and black Ebony sparkly EP


It looked pretty amazing still...............


.....so I added a card base.......and it became a bit pedestrian..........
...even with some ribbon and bling....


I showed my husband and asked him - he suggested a plastic sheet over the top.......mmmmm.......and perhaps make a box...........

I grabbed some black card and make a quick rectangle simple box with lid (15 x 20 cm), with a 3 cm edge all around.......chop flaps on one side top and bottom and glue into inside the box - done!


Then I made several tops from acetate sheets until I got one to fit properly over my black box top........

I also cut off the back of the 'card' and added the whole to the top of said black box.........the shiny surface of the acetate sheet top  really lifted the whole thing again to another level




I also put a thin strip of double sided tape around the side of the paper top, under the acetate, to hold it in place, and disguised this with a strip of red ribbon all around the box.


This box will now hold some lovely soft silky things, or a photo frame or chocolates/similar goodies; a DVD or even a set of cards. Some tissue paper inside the box first - perhaps red?

So, a gift box is created!

Please go over to Electic Ellapu
and see what others on the DT have created and then 
make your own piece and add it through the Linky to our new Challenge!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations: anything goes with a twist of Valentines
We Love to Create: anything creative/mixed media
The Paper Players: TicTackToe - Yellow, bling, ribbon

5 comments:

SD pooja said...

Vibrant and stunning !

Anonymous said...

Another great job. A unique gift box wonderfully executed.

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Very nice card.
Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.
xx Valentina DT team xx

laurie said...

This looks like a fun card to make! That background is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful box cover, Susan! Great color and contrast!