Monday 8 February 2016

Using a Kit for a Challenge


Today Peeps, I am sharing another card made for the challenge at 


In this I used part of a kit I got from D'Lish - so happy with the outcome as it was quick and easy

Challenge #54


Looking forward, Looking back - TWIST a window or mirror

This month we are challenging you to take a look towards or into the future, and at the same time, reference looking back to the past.

The Prize - random number draw
There are two Couture Creation Dies - small - up for grabs this month

I have several brother's - yes, I know, I survived! 
I have two sister's as well - big family,  long story......

My eldest brother recently had a birthday - I might add he is MUCH older than me.......at least 15 years older
I made this card for him - he is a real sweetie

The kit I mentioned had a wooden sentiment  that had the word handsome in it, but I swapped that out (he would not have liked it) and used some other wooden words I had - they were sprayed with white paint (TH) and then with a red spray - I wanted the red to be there but not be too bright.


The rest of the card mostly uses some of the stuff that came in the kit - and the word bubble with the sentiment in it was one of these but I cut around the speech bubble, and layered it onto some blue spotty background paper I had (old SU DP) - on looking at the photo I realised I should have run a black line around the edge - oh well......


This button came with the kit - cute eh! The washi tape also and I added it to the bottom of the photo thingy......


The bow was super cute too - in felt


This little flag as well - there were several but I only used one here so I have a few others to use later



 So, here is the card in it's glory!
The slide frame is the window as is the lens of the mythical camera, looking forward to my brother, who is looking back at the card (camera) - get it? Having his photo taken........


Sometimes using a kit is the way to go - and you can swap things in and out and use bits as you like. 
D'Lish make a card/scrap kit a month and they are very popular. They usually have such delicious things in them - stuff you would be hard-pressed to find anywhere else too. No, I don't work for them but I do sometimes buy from them!

That's it - the challenge is over at Unstampabelle's 
This was my take on it this week for the DT

You will have until the 26th February to enter this challenge, and your entry can be anything involving paper craft EXCEPT stamping or using a digi stamp 

I will enter this in the following:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great card. Some very unique elements in that card.
Like the new blog header too :)