Saturday 6 February 2016

Crafting with Dragonfllies takes off for a new year!

Hilde and the team are back! So, watch out! New challenges every two weeks, and only cards to be made unless otherwise clearly stated in the challenge. Stamps, digitals, dies, paint, ink, stencils - whatever you wish to use - as long as it follows the challenge theme for Crafting with Dragonflies.



What is the first Challenge?
Why, everyone's favourite!

#50 Anything Goes

I decided to play around with some of the many sprays I have acquired lately - particularly the TH Distress Sprays in this instance.  I also wanted to thank all the Peeps who have left lovely comments lately and all my various Teamies as well, and my two fearless leaders - Hilde and Elaine for keeping the faith!


So I used a stencil on watercolour card, and put the card inside a pizza box - trust me, it was clean, no left over pizza - and taped the stencil to the card, before spraying various inks onto the whole. Before I removed the stencil, I laid a piece of white card over the top of the stencil, and carefully pressed it down into said stencil covered with wet inks. Allowing a bit of time for the card to absorb the inks, I then lifted it off as cleanly as I could, and I got a negative image! I still had under the stencil a clean image, where the white pieces on this card below were sprayed with ink and the coloured parts of this card below were white! I will use this later for something.


I had been quite generous with the spray, and the colours were a little murky, rather than bright as they had melded together, but I liked the overall effect. When it was dry I embossed it with an Embossing folder to add some extra texture. 


The embellies came in a small pack from D-Lish a few months ago, and this was what was left over from another project. I love the little crocheted heart. The bright green doily was part of a freebie pack attached to a magazine, and I layered this over another white doily inside the stencil markings.


The My Favorite Things stamp and matching die were just what I was looking for - indeed, it took me 10 minutes to look for them! Obviously I had carefully placed the die in a storage set that I thought suited at some time but just as obviously didn't suit - must begin to catalogue my dies - getting too many now - but DON'T tell me husband I said that!

It is mounted on a black card
I flirted with the iea of adding a butterfly over the top left one, but left it s I thought it might be a bit too busy then - what do you think?

So, please go over to 
and read the blog, view the other DT pieces of work
and then enter your own piece of work at 
Challenge #50: Anything goes





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful card. Always a pleasure to visit.
Good luck with the cataloging. I have my stamps sorted on Evernote but have put off the dies and punches but know it is a job I should do so I can find things! Let me know which system works :)

Shylaashree said...

beautiful card susan.love the way you have arranged flowers

Wynn said...

I love that you're never afraid to use ink spray. I always get it everywhere lol. Know what you mean about loosing dies. I've lost my 'feather' one grrrr. Your card is lovely and I don't think it needs the addition of the butterfly. The doilies are a great addition too. They fit in so well with the lacey background. Wynn x