Saturday 20 February 2016

Scratch Paper technique for Dragonflies!


The newest challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies #51 is to create a Birthday Card!

How simple is that!
Whew, the last one was soooo huge!
Wonder if this one will be as well........

Anyway, a FB group I am a member of has just had a craze on using 'scratch' paper in a variety of ways, and one way is to emboss it and then scratch off the black surface on the raised embossing - or scratch it all off and die cut it. 

I did both


I got my scratch boards from my favorite art shop - it was in the kids section


This is the result after I (carefully) scratched off the top - the embossing folder is called Fubu - and I stamped my sentiment using a Kaleidacolor stamp pad to mimic the rainbow of colours revealed by scratching!

The colours are quite bright - here are the two die cut butterflies where I tried to remove all the black.  I cut these from the scraps and didn't have any idea what colours they would be until I began to remove the black surface. Up close you can see where bits were scratched off where they shouldn't have been - it's a bit had to control.


The sentiment is from a new SU set - Suite Sayings


I mounted it onto some yellow and the a blue card blank, added the sentiment to a small tag and the butterflies to the top and it was done - it is such an easy card to make once you have cleaned up the black covering from the places you want it to be removed - it comes off places where you don't want it to very easily and where you do want it to,it can be  bit difficult......


So bright and cheerful

This is a sheet of black with a sort of silver/mother of pearl shimmer under it - I embossed that one first, and began to sand the black off - big error; it scratched off everywhere! It took me a long time to go back over the bits where I wanted to remove it and carefully scrap off the black.


I turned it into a Valentine's card!


Please go to Crafting with Dragonflies and see what the rest of the design Team have come up with, and leave them a comment if you feel inclined, and then enter the challenge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW two great cards. Love the bright colours of the first one.
Isn't it Murphy's law - black staying where you don't want it but coming off where you do! Have a great weekend.

Wynn said...

What a great technique Susan. Not thought or seen this idea before. Looks like I'll be getting my crafters to raid the kids art section!!! Two fab cards. Wynn xx