Monday 11 March 2019

One for the Rooster's Today!

What is that saying? "One day a Rooster, the next a feather duster!"

Let's hope these chooks get a better run - they certainly seem to be ahead of the game already! 
Not sure how much better their run could be with that view!




Margot Kelly, on location, at Sheffield.

Margot says: “Former dairy farmers, Phil and Angela Glover, now run 3400 hyline brown hens on pasture for eggs. It takes three hours a day to harvest the eggs by hand.
Last year the standard for 'free range eggs' was changed to be 10,000 birds per hectare.
This niche operation stocks 1,000 hens per hectare.
I was amazed to see the girls spread out across the entire paddock they were given.
🥚🥚🥚🥚🍳🍳🍳🥚🥚🥚 I was more amazed by how friendly they were! I had them running between my legs and stepping on my boots! 

The Rooster's today are the Men and boys from our lives

It always seems harder to craft for them but really it is not - if you just  plan your colours




I did this by picking a sheet of patterned paper first and building around it. 
After finding a great quote, I then decided to make a wallet for a present of money.

Most kids like money these days as a present and it makes life easier but it always seems to be to be a bit impersonal so this was a way to make it more personal!


My green peg made a great closure


The sentiment (quote) on the front was obviously hand written



I could hold quite a few notes - this is Australian currency for those unfamiliar....
we are up to the 4th series of polymer notes and they are very colourful


I added another sentiment inside to go with the quote!


This is the back of the wallet.....


This is the wallet standing up - can you  see where it fell over and got crinkled?

I made this for Unstampabelle's 
where the challenge is to make something for Boys or Men 
TWIST is to add a staple or a peg (or both)

You have three weeks to enter

I will be entering this in the following:

Dare2BArtzy : Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge: Anything Goes






4 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have three brown hens as these ones, so I eat fresh eggs daily. I'm so lucky :D It's fun seeing all these girls toghether!!
Lovely money wallet for a boy and love the brilliant sentiment! There is surely a lot of "poor" people ;)
Hugs

frommycraftroom said...

Love the sentiment. Great wallet - might have to CASE this for one of the kiddos' next request. I agree giving $ does seem a little impersonal but a nice personalised card help balance.

The Red Mullet Band said...

Great card! Lovely sentiment!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator and Owner.

Wynn said...

Love the quotes and what can be better than giving them money....they’ll love you forever 😃lol Great photo of the hens or as you say ‘down under’ the chooks. I have always wanted to keep hens but afraid of the unwanted wildlife they seem to attract. W xx