Monday 15 July 2019

Accept Imperfection for Unstampbelles

Hi Peeps

I was looking through my stash for a suitable sentiment for this card, and found my book of TH Citchat Idea- ology so searched through that. I was actually looking for something to jump out at me and this did - the two words were on the second page and side by side. I went with that - because my work is never about perfection but always about creating something.



Unstampabelles Challenge #91

Stunning Stencil Play
TWIST - to use sprays

There is a prize of $15.00 au from Paypal or as a voucher

I began as I do - with the base card, in this case watercolour card.
I had used it to mop up some overspray last week.


I laid a geometric stencil over this and sprayed it with the TH Distress Resist Spray
and dried it off with the drier - you can just see the pattern


Next I applied some texture paste to a corner and dried it off too, using a D'Lish stencil.


Once I was sure they were pretty dry, I hit the card with the sprays - Dylusions
I used four different colours - you can clearly see the resist
The paste wasn't as dry as I thought and quickly took up the yellow spray but that was OK
I mopped up the excess with the paper towel - did think of subduing it with some water and another wipe over but let it be. 


I played with several stencils - you can see the result of the crackling one under the current one (in black). I used this one to create some movement of the card.



I followed the movement of the stencilled piece with some spots of black and white ink - again the white ink took up some colour, even after it had been dried and dried. Still, you get the effect. Imagine Crafts Irresistable.
I trimmed off the bottom in a wave pattern and used the smaller piece to die cut two butterflies using SU Butterfly Dies. 


I added some more ink dots to the butterflies but again - hard to see. 


Hope it floats your boat. 
You have two weeks to enter. 



2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely mixed media card, full of colours and textures!

frommycraftroom said...

Looks pretty good to me! Not sure it is imperfection.
I wish I could push through the messy bit for more creations like this.