Sunday 7 July 2019

Fairy Wishes from Unstampabelles

Hello Peeps -

It is week 2 for July's Challenge over at 

Challenge #91: Stunning Stencil Play

and the TWIST is to try and use spays in your work 


I am so pleased I got to use up old stash in this piece.

Firstly, I sprayed some Dylusion Sprays onto my silicon mat and 
then swooshed a piece of watercolour paper through it until I was happy with the outcome.



I found a pretty stencil and layed it over the card when it was dry and used my TH Distress Resist Spray over it . (Obviously I did not take any photo's here)
Now, you can probably see some gold embossing not going on there.
That is because I read up on the Distress Resist Spray first - a miracle - and it said that you must get the spray off your stencils quickly (with water). I had an idea I was going to emboss the negative, as the spray is like a sticky glue, but between spraying in a box, carting the stencil to the water and then trying to emboss, the spray dried up! 


This was what I was left with after rubbing Black Soot ink over it. 
Can you see that the Distress Resist gives a shimmery look and some texture.
I will try this technique again but hopefully it will work better next time. 


This was also the stage when I realized that my stencil probably wasn't a good one for this technique anyway. I thought it looked a bit deep sea-ish, and went looking for water inspired dies to cut and create a water scene but I found an old sticker sheet with one fairy left on it - it was perfect. 


The photo above shows the sticker clearly in the clear light
but the one below is what it looks like in real life and in direct sunshine


The sentiment is a sticker for the sheet too - I layered it onto some white card and fussy cut it out and then popped it up on some dimesions. I think the gold bits that did stick look like some kind of magic energy going on here. 


Talking of magic, winter can certainly produce it's own version:



'Wombat Love', from the Cradle Coast in north-west Tassie, thanks to Leanne Hays
www.instagram.com/wombat_at_80





2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card, it looks great with the clear light!

frommycraftroom said...

Great card. Love the deep greens.