Monday 2 September 2019

Painted Lady

Hello Peeps!

Yes, I am late with this but time is not a commodity I seem to be able to manage efficiently

This card is for both my Granddaughter Lily's 16th birthday
 and for Unstampabelles current challenge.

The September Challenge is to 

Create a paper project with an Aperture or Recess of some kind

 in the project. It can be 3D or it can be layered......in fact the TWIST is 

 Luscious Layering


The prize for the random number draw is 

$15 (Aust) Gift Voucher


I have so much new stash on my desks that it is hard to know where to begin.

However, I have had the frame embossing folder and die cut from Stampin' Up for a while now, so gave it a whirl.

I embossed the frame and die cut from some black SU card - yes, black. 
Then I took my Jane Davenport w/c book with the images already created on each page and w/c'ed it with the new Scribble Sticks from Dina Walkley


She is much bigger than the frame so I had to think outside the square (oval). 


I got these at Paperific in Melbourne last week - and had a play on the day with this piece. 


When I had coloured her in enough, I started to use sme of the gilding waxes and polishes I have accumulated - this Opal Finish is pink on white but gold on dark, especially black. 


I forgot to read the instructions and wash the sponge first so it was a patchy first coat to start with!
See how it is pink on the white paper underneath but gold on the chipboard.


I added some other waxes - two different blues  - using art alchemy Wax Cira Cera - Old Denim mostly.


She doesn't have freckles, she has splashes of black ink!
She has a look of Princess Dianna, I think.......
I layered the frame over her face to create my recess.
Unfortunately, I forgot to ink it before adding my dimensionals so when I began to rub in the gold and blue it buckled a bit


I took several different photo's in different light 
The bottom one is in direct late sunlight.


Hope you like it. 

I do - even with the buckled frame.
You have 28 days to enter the challenge at 


1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Amazing work!! Your colouring looks fabulous and love the gorgeous frame with the Opal polish you used!! The lady seems really Princess Diana!