Monday 9 September 2019

Beautiful People

 Hello Peeps!

Today I made a card for the second week of the Unstampabelles Challenge#93

Time for Recess (Apertures)  

TWIST Luscious Layering

I went through all the scraps on my desk that have been building up all year and found bits!
Then I began layering.....


Once I had found my layers I started the aperture by die cutting a rectangle 
from a piece of white card (SU Whisper White) 

I have several similar frames already die cut and this added a third, 
so I layered them together too with some glue to enlarge the recess.


I put some acetate behind the aperture
and glued the built up frame into this recess. 



Behind it I had layered:
#a piece of foiled background
#a cream die cut frame
#a circle of bronze card
#a blue corrugated heart



On the top of the acetate I added 
#the die cut girl
#part of a sentiment cut from a bronze card scrap


Then I layered all this lusciousness onto a blue card


I love the sparkle of the background


Taken in the weak sunshine of today it is a bit less flamboyant but still beautiful!

So, I got to use up some of the bits I couldn't throw away
and I got to create a card with a recessed bit to it!

You have three weeks to enter

Yes, there is a prize:

$15AU Gift Voucher

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies
Love to Craft: Anything Goes



5 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of yours bits and bobs! Love the effect of all the layers together!

frommycraftroom said...

Fabulous! Great 3D piece. Love all the layers.

I bet you have a few more bits still on your desk!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Priya said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Happy craft challenge
DT Priyadarshini
https://simpleartcraft-tips.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Great layered dies give such an interesting design! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge!