Monday 7 October 2019

Thankful in Blue.....for Unstampbelles

Hi Peeps: well, it is Challenge #94 over at Unstampabelles for the month of October and the challenge is

Well, Thank You 


TWIST Brilliant in Blue


I have on offer today a journal page - it is the second one I have completed in my new 
Jane Davenport Journal

I used Dylusion Paints, TH inks, a black and a white Posca pen and my new gelli plate
along with a Scrap FX face stencil and various other stencils in my stash for texture


I am new to mono printing and had so much fun pulling off these prints
Next time I might be brave enough to do them directly into my journal rather than onto printer paper!
I have some other ones - the ghost print and the first print - so expect to see them soon!

I did add some colour to her face with the Scribble Sticks


Can you see the stencil in the top photo in the left top side?

I had used the left over paint to smear onto the page prior to pasting the gelli image - I had wiped it up with a baby wipe so just used that to transfer some blue colour to the page by smearing it on.


Then I played around with yet more stencils and TH inks
I got a quote from the internet and printed it out on computer paper, 
cut it up and used it on the page too.

I outlined each piece with black pen


While I was working the weather outside was beautiful - a true blue spring day
and this quote just seemed so right

I added the rays of the sun to reflect the day.


The last two photo's were taken outside in the bright light of the late afternoon.
You can see a gelli plate final image on the lh page - the paint had pretty much all transferred by then but I had one more go with getting it onto the page. 
I will add others onto it - probably stamp into it as well
(Horrors! Stamps!)

I am please with my page - number 2 in my journal
and it didn't use any stamps on this one!

I have watched so many video's lately on journalling and gelli plate printing
AND I ordered more acrylic paints!
Shh - don't tell on me....nowhere to store them atm!!!

You can go over to Unstampabelles and see the linky party ready to be used
 and the other work from the DT girls!

See you there!






1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Looks great! Still haven't used my gelli plate! Nice stencil. Um storage yes I can relate