Monday 21 October 2019

Midway through the October Challenge for Unstampabelles

Hello Peeps!


The challenge at Unstampabelles this month is to make something
to say Thanks or Thank you or Thankful

The TWIST is to use blue in your project

There is NO specification of how much blue though.....

Under the pump as always, I wanted to make something quick and simple

I started by getting my finger dirty........


I grabbed a scrap of white (SU WW) card and then started rubbing the wax onto it
I LOVE these waxes - they're so creamy and full of colour and a beautiful shimmer


The top one is  Old Denim and this one is called Blue Lagoon
They were both buffed with a tissue

I added a bit of the darker one onto the lighter one in one corner too to have a meld occuring


I then punched out three circles using an OLD SU punch that is still going strong!


I die cut the word from the lighter sheet as well
The foliage die is called Fresh Foliage by Memory Box
 and I used gold mirror card for that


I played with my photoshop program and got a few different hues and tints going
for the shots as well as being in several places outside in the overcast light


I could have done this with sparkling card or plain coloured card
but the wax gave me such a sumptuous, rich look.
You can see the shimmer happening in the first photo of the post.

I wanted the recipient to really feel thanked!

So, simple and elegant card
What is your contribution going to entail in this month's

Remember - there is a prize for random number draw. 



3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very elegant and shining card! Love the simple design!

frommycraftroom said...

The waxes look fabulous. Love the look. Are these the ones from Paperific? Gorgeous card I can imagine it looks pretty IRL.

CG said...

What a stunning card. I love your inking, and those circles really do look like stencils!