Monday 1 June 2020

Magic theme for Unstampabelles

Over at Unstampabelles this month - June, yeah, it's June - the newest challenge is to create something with the theme of 

MAGIC
with the TWIST of applying a Disney Film theme

I took my inspiration from the Jules Verne classic science fiction book
that Disney turned into a film in 1954



The Japanese version of the Nautilus at their theme park is amazing


My card (yes, a card again) is a sea based card......
because I find the sea quite magical!

I started by taping a piece of waste card with some Brusho's splattered onto it
onto my glass plate and then applying some texture paste through a stencil of splashes!

I mixed a few drops of RH Weathered Wood ink into the paste to create a pale blue paste


I then added some yellow ink into the paste and created the school of fishes

Then I die cut some underwater plants from some glitter paper scraps
I had only three colours and one was white, 
so I sprayed that with various sprays to colour it up appropriately



Then I mounted it on blue card and a white card base.
I outlined the fishes and made one into Nemo.......that is another WD Film.....


Some TH words made the sentiment

The paste up close with the die cuts


I hope you like the idea....

You have the month of June to come up with a suitable piece for this challenge

See you at Unstampabelles!











1 comment:

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card Susan!
LOVE the colours and textures of your scene :)

PS - I'm on the DT at the Southern Girls Challenge. You have put a link to enter a card in the comments when the linky went wonky, I'm following up to ensure all the entries are included before we choose the winners and Top 3 but I cannot get your link to work. Can you please let me know which project you were entering in the Anything Goes with Team Lou challenge for May? Just leave a NEW comment with the link on the challenge post and I will ensure it is included.