Monday 15 June 2020

The Little Mermaid and me....

Hello Peeps - another card today for the June challenge at Unstampabelles, where the main theme is

MAGIC

and the TWIST is to 

relate your work to a Disney film!


I used the cartoon film The Little Mermaid

I used a scrap piece left over from playing with Brusho's for my base

The bubble die is from Uniquely Creative (an Australian firm)

Discover is from Tim Holtz and Sizzix - words

The mermaid's tail and shells are from Jane Davenport
(another Australia company)

Jane also is a multi media artist and I try and follow some of her work
I have her faces book and some of her paints and inks
She is amazing and very generous.



I added a strip of washi tape to form the sea


The papers were nearly all offcuts and left overs today
I didn't cut into anything new!


I did add glitter glue to the tail and to the shells
but its a bit hard to pickup


Who knows - perhaps she might just emerge like magic from a beach near you!
We can now go to beaches and as long as we are socially distancing, we can all be there together!


The pristine Friendly Beaches, located on the Freycinet Peninsula, thanks to Glenn Manning.
You can also follow Glenn via instagram 
www.instagram.com/manno_70

(Glen must have been there during COVID_19)
This is on the North East Coast of Tasmania
- did you know the whiter the sand, the older it is?
This sand must be thousand of years old.....





1 comment:

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so beautiful, Susan! Awesome inspiration for your challenge - I love it! I'm thinking about what I can make! P.S. I just emailed you as I wasn't sure I had your correct email address from the last challenge. Hope you got it! Have a blessed day!