Monday 27 September 2021

Last Week for Unstampabelles in September

 Hello Peeps!

This is the last five days of the Unstampabelles September challenge - Greetings and Salutations and I made a card for the DT. A Christmas card! My first for 2021. 

Spring had arrived the day I made this - there was sun, rain, wind, snow and more sun all day. Ignoring the weeds - this is the first of the orchids blooming in the space outside the workshop door....I have about 25 pots of orchids and about 12 spikes at this stage. I must feed them before they all bloom!


this challenge requires a background stencil, so I got out the old pizza box I use for sprays and began with some TH stencils and sprays. I used SU Whisper White card for this.



Red and green seemed appropriate for Christmas.......after I set the box up to eliminate spray drift on the desk using waste paper


I decided it needed a golden touch so went to Dylusions Yellow too


Because there is a lot of spray on the top of the stencils, rather than just mop it up with paper towel, I used a piece of w/c paper to soak up as much as possible to be used later in a project, then used the paper towel to mop up the rest.


I was left with these two and chose the rhs one for the card - trimming it up left me with some nice bits for later work. 


This green spotted card has been laying on the desk for nearly a year - finally used it.
The greeting is embossed on SU Whisper White and a sponge with red ink lightly applied across the top
I think it is very vintage - maybe the 60's?


A bit of gold thread, some mounting and bling finished it off.



You have five days left to enter!


1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Gorgeous orchid! What a view you will have when they all bloom.

Fab card - glad you found a use for that piece of pattern paper.