Monday 15 April 2019

Krazy Kritters are midway through the month at Unstampabelles

Well, Hello Peoples

Getting close to Easter isn't it!
Hope you have a great break over this festive season and don't eat too many things that are bad for us - not chocolate of course, that is not bad for us - you can eat as much of that as you like......!


Can you hear the Kookaburra laughing from here?


Today's 'Through the Lens' feature showcases 17yo Tasmanian photographer Lily Pursell from Lily Pursell Photography.


Over at Unstampbelles, we are asking that you bust out some crazy creatures and put them on a bokeh background. There is an explanation of the word bokeh here. 

As it is so close to Easter, I thought I would use that theme for my midway creation
A tag for Easter


What is more Easter than a chicken!

I started with my SU ink pads and sponges and a variety of circle stencils
I used as my background a piece of paper from a 2016 booklet that came with a craft magazine
It had the animals as well in the same pack - I did the fussy cutting.


Not all bokeh has to be white so I started playing with colours similar to the ones on the background
I did end up going white thought - mainly because my sponge was still full of the pan pastel white I used last time.


My last stencil was home made - punches and card stock......

Then I made a grave error - I cut the sheet up, thinking it would fit on a card
I then decided to make a tag using a recycled tag that had a cat collar on it once.

I had to reattatch the pieces and there is a line as a consequence!


The tag is covered in card SU Soft Sky
then in the treated paper

The sentiment is stencilled on also using black ink


Different angles give different colours.
There is a bit of ink sponged on edges too for a grungy look. 


Tied to the cat cage out in the sun - it is a big tag
but you can see the kritters are raised up
I added some crystal dimension to the balloons but you cannot see that clearly here


It also has a shimmer from the pan pastel and is quite cute. 

What have you created?
You can enter it 



1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very pretty background, thanks for sharing how you made it! Love the cute critters, too!