Monday 1 April 2019

How Krazy can those Kritters Be?

Hello Peeps and welcome to anyone who has survived Google Plus and come back to us!


“Keeper of the Night”

Cape Bruny lighthouse under our Milky Way on Bruny Island.
A truly spectacular photo by 
Chasing Light - Photography by James Stone
. James won an award in the prestigious David Malin Awards for Australian Astrophotography for his time lapse nightscapes at Cape Bruny Lighthouse, and this image was shortlisted for the Insight Astronomy Photographer of the Year by the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.


This is one of mine of the same lighthouse during the day
Taken in 2017
Yeah - chalk and cheese, I know......


Over at Unstampabelles, it is time to swing into 

Challenge#88: Krazy for Kritters 
TWIST Bokeh Backgrounds

What is a bokeh background, you ask?
It is a technique. 


Bokeh BOH-kay — also sometimes pronounced as BOH-kə,

The term comes from the Japanese word boke, which means "blur" or "haze", or boke-aji, the "blur quality". The Japanese term boke is also used in the sense of a mental haze or senility. That's often me - very BOKE today! 


The term bokashi is related, meaning intentional blurring or gradation.

So we want you to Bokashi your background so you get a Bokeh look to it. 

Most people do it with light colours or white but that is not necessary as long
as the background is obscured or blurred.

If you Google Bokeh Background images you get some amazing ideas!


I love this one - raindrops on a window with lights behind it.....
If you look again to James Stone's photo of the lighthouse (above), the sky is almost bokeh too there.

Having said that I did use white for my piece today

I decorated a small pizza box (made by Stampin' Up and in the current catty)

I used my Dylusions paints as I had them out for another project and I might as well used them before I put them back, right?


So careless smooching with a smudger to add some blue and green for ground and sky.
I wasn't quite sure until I started which side to use - there is a matte and a shiney side.
I ended up colouring the matte side
By then I wasn't sure either which way would be the top of the box, so I did both top and bottom!
Then I folded it up and checked.....


....before I added my sun with rays


When I came to use the white for the bokeh effect, I watered it down a bit and so I looks less blurred and more snowflakes!!!!!
I would have been better to have added some bigger circles and blurred it all a bit more.
When it was all dry I decorated it.


The 'Happy' was an old rub on that refused to rub on without great difficulty. I ended up having to lift it off the plastic and carefully place each letter.....
'Easter' was cut out of a decorative egg design die


My bunny is a little Krazy Kritter - a die I have had for ages and haven't used before I think.
He is sparkly like one of the eggs!


The pizza box open - it would take some folded notes, a gift card or 
some small sweets or a small gift of some kind


Hope you like my Kritter
You have a few weeks to create one yourself
It does not have to be for Easter

See you at Unstampabelles where there are some more pieces from the DT to inspire you!

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable tiny pizza box, love the colours and textures!

frommycraftroom said...

Great background effect. Yes might as well use the inks before you put them away! All came together beautifully.