Monday 8 April 2019

Who say's Dinosaurs are only for boys....



How stunning is this early morning autumnal sky. 
I spent a lot of my childhood looking at the southern end of this island off the Tasmanian coast. 
Love this state.

Mmmmm....wonder if there were dinosaurs on Tasmania?
(Google search follows....)


Apparently our rocks are too old????





A magical view of Maria Island from Spring Beach at Orford thanks to 
Maree Woolley


 Well, I made a dinosaur card for a girl (but it could also go to a boy)

I purchased a magazine in 2017 and it had a booklet of images and background papers which I carefully placed in my stash! Yes, you never know when this stuff could be useful. 


I tore out a page and glued it to a sheet of white card and let that dry before fussy cutting out the dinosaurs.

To create the background, I used a sheet of the paper from the booklet.
It was already a bit bokeh but I played around with creating a sort to jungle effect to blur the background further.

I used a variety of stencils and Tim Holtz inks.
I finished it off with a bit of glamour with the Pastel Pan Pearl Medium - yummmm


I also added some of the pearl medium to the cut-out dinosaur, as well as some glitter glue and some pearl drops - she is very smart!

I think I should have outlined (s)he in some black ink perhaps or pink ink - purple ink?
What do you think? 
Let me know.


Some fancy cutting of the jungle paper from the booklet and a sticker for the sentiment, outlined with a black pen completed the card.


(S)He is eating some of the leaves.....

I had another dinosaur so cut that out too and created this one.


White stickers, another smaller dinosaur cut out and stuck onto that background paper I had already mentioned is a bit bokeh, some dimensionals - those jungle leaves, which have a patch in the middle removed,   have a sort-of bokeh feel to them too, don't you think?


Dino has a mouthful of leaf.....
The little one behind (Mite) is saying "Do you think he-saur-us?"

Why not go over to Unstampabelles, where the challenge is

Krazy for Kritters 

TWIST Bokeh Backgrounds

See what the DT have made and have a go yourself!






1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Definately dinosaurs for girls. Although dinosaur jigsaw puzzles where the only way I could get my preschool son to do any puzzles at all. He loved walking with dinosaurs and I must admit I would put on the DVD just for one hour of peace! I am off topic! Great cards. I'm sure IRL the dinosaur stands out especially seeing she is 3D. I think both cards are fabulous. And no I have no idea what you mean about putting things in a safe place for that special card/project! wink