Wednesday 3 April 2019

Some Stampin' Up Playing

Some Stampin' Up playing with the Beauty Abounds Bundle, including the big butterfly die!

Beauty Abounds Cling Bundle

As always, I went to Pinterest and got lost for several hours but did make three cards, two of them were almost direct copies.

For the first one, I just went with it from the die cuts
I cut the bottom layer in blue card Pacific Point


It required a shim but came out OK
I then cut the top from Glimmer Paper - Pink


Layering one on top of the other gives wonderful depth and then
I laid them on top of a piece of card that had been used to mop up 
Brusho's leftovers and which was in the stash.


Mmmm, that looked OK too.
Once I decided which part of the background, I cut it to mount on a square card blank
 and added a ruler border and some sequins.


Looks quite specky and does not need a sentiment on the outside

The I made two more for a party I hosted here
In fact my guest and I made them together!

The first one used a part of the big die and stamps from the set


The second one is just stamps and an accompanying punch

Butterfly Gala Photopolymer Bundle

The rectangle is from the latest Rectangle die's and the background paper is from a freebie from Sale-a-bration Botanical Butterfly. Too late now to get that one.


I coloured the butterflies with the watercolour pencils. 

The colour combo in this one is Flirty Flamingo and Soft Sea Foam
and I used a Close to Cocoa ink for the flourish.
The flowers and greenery were coloured with the pencils again.


If you are interested in making any of these, let me know
I can come to you or you can come here. 

Cheers, Susan!





2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely butterflies cards!

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely work! I bet you had fun with your friends.