Wednesday 13 November 2019

Creativity IS FUN!

Hello Peeps

You may have noticed that I did not have a DT piece in this week for Unstampabelles.  I was busy on Saturday at a Craft class with the fabulous Sue Symthe and this sort of fell over into Sunday for me as well as I was making up for lost time at home and with hubby! So, while I did make something, I didn't make it for Unstampabelles this particular week.

What did I make?

Well, I made several things.....I will show you some

Last month I went to Paperific in Melbourne and made a tag with Sue in a class


It is a Unicorn Tag
She provided everything there - tag and ribbons and wings and jewels and paints and potions.
There is texture paste and stencil work, painting of chipboard and gluing down, adding waxes and layers - i.e. the purple behind the unicorn is material - and the unicorn is an eraser purchased at a $2 shop apparently!

There is lots of glitter, gold bits and jewels on this and lots of Gel Medium and gold waxes

I had trouble photographing it - mainly because of the weather (it was raining here) 
so used the spiral stairs - or tried to use it.....


Weasley thought he should be part of it all too!

Izz did not knock one of the houses down Human - must been somfing else did it.....Izz was just
sittin' here mindin'  meez own business.........

I tried outside later and got this one...


However, on Saturday we first decorated a glasses case



It is amazing what black Gesso and tissue paper can create!

The back or bottom of the case

Then we went on to decorate the cover of a small notebook


It is the white rabbit from Alice
Sue made the rabbit in white plaster using a mold and we painted it with black gesso and then other colours were added with waxes and gilts and paints


The background was torn playing cards and lots of Gel Medium plus Black Gesso
The texture is amazing in the end.


It is all held on with Matt Medium and Dimensional (or in my case Crystal Effects)


The back is very grungy and the spine is just black jewels glued on and then painted!

It was so much fun!!!

In Melbourne last month I went to another class as well and made an album
from a paper bag!

This is the finished outside on that day


The spine is a very interesting collection of white folder strips of paper, blued together to form a spine - the papers are then attached to this! 


The album used old DP and a few bits and pieces of of ephemera 


We did quickly paint the inside of the bag with a very thin white gesso
You could do the same to the outside or make the gesso thicker
We didn't have much time to wait for things to dry


The album pages varied in size


...and kind...


The inside back page - not the bag bottom is under there

You could add as many  pages as you wished - I think there are about 16 in this one.

I didn't like it that much to start with but it has grown on me since making it....

Happy crafting!!!






1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many fabulous works!! Fabulous tag and book cover, tha album by a bag is stunning and I'm absolutely amazed especially by the glasses case!!! Such amazing idea and wonderful design! WOW! I have to buy same black gesso, now... LOL :D
Thanks for sharing your altered art!