Monday 13 April 2020

Week 2 at Unstampabelles Challenge#99


Hi Peeps - please tell me you are socially isolating and washing your hands regularly!

We certainly are and so far we are doing OK

I have even been in the garden weeding and took this photo this morning....


It is a cold spell in autumn but the cacti are still handing in there!

I am also currently back in my craftroom - YEAH!
Not doing that much but starting to sort out stuff that has just been dumped over the last few weeks.
It means I am finding NEW STUFF
soooo I have to play with it as I find it, right!


That's how this card for Unstampabelle's latest challenge 

Challenge #99: 

 Creative Souls or Being Creative with a TWIST to CASE Someone Else's work


came into being

I have been looking at a lot of different blogs too lately - procrastination probably
looking rather than doing......

but it means I have found people whose work I really like
such as this blog by Lynette


and while I have not exactly CASed a card of hers, I have used her CAS section to good effect
to inspire me to make this!


I used dimensionals to lift the flowers - hope this does not take me away from CAS

 This is what I used to  make it:


Stencil by TH; printed cut outs; scissors to cut them out; pens to w/c them; sponges to sponge ink
(I used Balmy Blue by SU) ; dimensionals; sticky notes to mask.........



The flower's are coloured with the w/c pens from Uniquely Creative
onto a printed w/c sheet of flower and leaf outlines
Although this only costs $2 I forgot to photocopy it first before beginning
 to fill it in, so will have to  purchase another one or two!


The sentiment is on vellum and then sticky tape
It came from a small booklet I got at Joanns in Denver, USA 15 years ago!!!
I can still remember the shiver I got going into that shop - 
the first time I have seen a craft store like that!


I masked off a triangle and then sponged in some ink circles onto the background mount
Just for interest

Hope you like all this!
You have three weeks left to enter the latest challenge at 







1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Such a great card. Mine is in my head still at this stage!

15 years ago! Making me feel good about the age of my stash :) If my memory is correct Darnell has a NBUS challenge going at the moment - you might be able to link your creations from some of your new/newly found stuff there.

Glad to hear you are getting about. Was thinking you might be feeling a little hemmed in after being so long with your ankle. Are the hospitals that closed in your part of Tassie? I hope not. and fingers crossed you don't need to visit them. Stay safe. and to answer your question I have never washed my hands so much! especially when I am at work. I even found myself washing the front door to the office (a terrace in Carlton) after the postie visited the other day.