Tuesday 7 April 2020

Being a bit Arty for Bizzy Bec

Hello Peeps

I hope you are all virus free and hunkered down in the craft space creating up a storm. I am trying to get back into the swing of things after being denied access for so long but it is taking longer than I thought for my mojo to return!

However, I did some painting and made a card for 


Recently I got some watercolour pen's from an Australian Company call Uniquely Creative, and I decided to see if they could be used for more than just colouring in small images of flowers and such. I wanted to paint a w/c scene and I used a photo taken by my friend Glenda of a local beach.


I discovered that they are not good for this type of freehand drawing - or probably, they are not good for me. 


I taped down the w/c paper and wet it before starting to apply the pens but it ran and they did not work nicely together at all for colour. I think if I have applied them to a pallette first I might have achieved something more appealing but I did get a small painting and so used it to create a card. 


I did this by first stamping over the painting with my Darkroom Door Frame Stamp - Splattered.
I used Versafine Black ink for this and had to add black pen in places as it did not take totally.
I mounted it onto a green card and then added a strip of embossed Kraft.
Behind it I put a bright blue piece of card (SU Pacific Point) on which I had stamped using the 
Sentiment Stamp - Make Art and the V/mark ink. 
As usual my mounting is not straight!

A bit of fun 

The challenge is as always - 'Anything Goes'

The winner of the challenge will receive:


5 Digital Stamps of your choice

Kindly donated from Bizzy Becs Online Store- a fabulous range of Various Stamps, Dies and Embellishments for all your crafty needs, wants. and must haves!




While my w/c painting is a bit shite, I enjoyed just playing and then putting this together.

You have a month to play along - over Easter!
With all this Social Distancing we are doing, you need something to entertain yourself
apart from eating all that chocolate

!


1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Oh I think you might be being a bit harsh on yourself. I don't mind this as a style of watercolouring. Hope your MOJO returns soon.
I must say I'm enjoying the speed of things these days!
Stay safe and have a happy Easter.