Monday 20 May 2019

Mid May already!

Gosh this year has just flown, hasn't it? Already halfway through May and still looking for February!

I hope you are all well and crafting away 
I have been playing with stamps a lot lately - will show you later - but for the moment
I have to show the piece I made for 


"To Have and To Hold"

The TWIST this month is 
To use some ART DECO Glamour!

I decorated a small pizza box - this is one from Stampin' Up but really you can decorate any box either found or made


I printed off an image that appeared on the front of a Vogue magazine in 1917
I only have an inkjet printer so it was pretty basic.


I layered it onto some JAP paper - single sided to give it some strength and a bit of shine


The DP comes from a Paperarmia set as do the sentiments



A bit of ribbon to help lift the lid
Some gold glitter stickers for a bit of edging and glamour


It is not big but can hold a gift card or small gift


Now I am going to brag a bit

Hettie Rose is returning from Italy atm - she is been travelling with the 
NZ Army Band - she is in the reserves now - as a singer for them at a special commemoration.

This is part of the War Cemetery - beautiful countryside around


Here she is singing


Apparently she did very well. 

Sang in three languages and impressed the various MPs and Ambassadors who were there. 
Made people cry.

We are very proud of her. 


3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow and double wow!!! I am so impressed by your box, how gorgeous!! And Hettie Rose seems a very talented and beautiful girl, you have to be soooo proud of her!! 😊

frommycraftroom said...

Such a lovely decorated box. Black gold and the classic female art deco image.

Well done Hettie! and in 3 languages.

I have to confess I did struggle cause I have no art deco inspired non stamp craft supplies! not even paper (what's the bet I find some next week!) - hence the hand cut triangles + gold + black. Glad you liked it.

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Susan,
I love upcycling boxes. I think yours is very pretty with a wonderful vintage appeal! You also did a great job of embellishing the project. Very nicely crafted!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
A Place To Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog