Sunday 5 May 2019

Mothering Day in May

Hello Peeps and especially Hello to all you Mums out there.

Happy Mother's Day

today I am showcasing the card I made for Bizzy Bec's latest challenge for May

"Anything Goes"

 I thought it was only natural that I should make this about making Mums.......
.....chrysanthemums, of course!

Image result for chrysanthemums

However, mine is made in Mint Sparkle!


I should have rounded up the petals a little more!

This is how I made the flower using a Sue Wilson die 

I took a sheet of Whisper White card and using s small sponge, began to rub onto this a small amount of Art Alchemy Wax - Mint Sparkle
As I went over bits already done it darkened down. 
It gave the paper a gorgeous metallic sheen.
When I was happy with the colour I die cut two sets of flowers out.


Then I took a sheet of cream card and die cut the Sue Wilson Striplet die - Floral Meadow


I made the mums by layering up various sizes and tried to get them to round inwards a bit more than they did.


I die cut  a Cheery Lyn Tropical Flourish - B127 (it's and old one, I know) from the same sheet of white now bluish green card.


Then I cut some leaves using the Cottage Cutz die - Leafy Foliage die from Bermuda Bay card (Stampin' Up card and colours).


When I assembled this, I added a sentiment from an old stamp set from Waltzing Mouse, stamped in Bermuda Bay ink. 


The mint green dots are from D'Lish

Because I didn't glue allthe panel down - just the edges - the Striplet has more depth and in sunlight throws shadows behind. Also in the sunlight the flower is shining and shimmering but it does not show in the photo's - sorry. 


Why not go over to Bizzy Bec's and see what other delights the Design Team has to offer - in addition, check out the store. Always good to support a local Australian store too!



1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, suh elegant and fabulous card!!! Really classy and sweet!