Saturday 18 May 2019

Creative Expressions dies

Hello folks - hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day earlier this month!

I am going to share another card made for Bizzy Bec's Store Blog challenge for May
"Anything Goes"

Again, I used a die from Sue Wilson - Bec's has access to all the latest ones and can get them for you - just contact her.
This one comes from the 2018 Australian collection and is called 'Sydney'.

You can die cut it with or without the outer die which makes it very versatile indeed. 
I chose to use the outer die which cut the lacy die from the card completely - if I had chosen to leave it off, the lacey bit would be incorporated inside the card.


I used the same colour scheme that I did earlier in the month for Bizzy Bec's May challenge and the smaller of the two flowers I made then.
Details on this can be found below.


This card uses a lot of layering and I hand marked the stitching around the edges of all the mounts!


This time my background colour is Coastal Cabana 
and the DP used is a piece of 
Quick Quotes Paper - By the Bay QQP-BY400


The pearl bling lifts it beautifully.


Cream, White, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay Stampin' Up card
extra White card for Chrysanthemum
Bermuda Bay ink (SU) on sentiment
Art Alchemy Metallic Wax - Mint Sparkle (used on flower )
Sentiment stamp from Waltzing Mouse 
Quick Quotes Paper - By the Bay QQP-BY400
blue pearls



This gives you an idea of the shimmer created by the wax on paper idea I had.

There is still time to enter the challenge 
We would love to see your work. 

3 comments:

frommycraftroom said...

So pretty. Patience to make all that stitching!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a so fresh and lovely card, the SW die is very beautiful and love the colours used!

Chana Malkah said...

What a fabulous mother's day card! I am totally loving that flower and the faux stitching around the borders..great job! The project is very cohesive, well organized and your color choice is spot on! Love!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah