Monday 3 June 2019

An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi Peeps, over at Unstampabelles there is a new challenge just gone up. It is to use the Stained Glass Technique and to use it NOT with a stamp (because we are an UNstampABELLES) but with a diecut.

I ran out of time to do anything new for this this week - don't ask, I don't know where it went either - so I am recycling one I did at Christmas last year for my daughter.

 Stained Glass using Dies  
TWIST Use Some Glitter


The green leaves are green glitter paper die cut and inserted into gold frame
The red berries are red glitter paper inserted
NOEL is a burgundy red glitter paper
The ribbon is a champagne glitter paper

The frame is die cut from gold card and I left the bells in gold as well.
I then picked out all the bits I didn't want in gold
I laid the frame over jac paper (double sided sticky paper) and then added the bits from the green, red and champagne paper  - or tape would work as well if you have the wide stuff - put it onto the backing card first and then start adding your dies. 

Once all the bits were in place I sprinkled it with fine glitter and gently rubbed into it with my fingers until all the sticky  and me were covered with the white glitter. 

Then I did some mounting - red, gold and green
I can see where I missed a piece of gold in the frame that should be white - clue:near a bell!

Time consuming but fun!

Hopefully I will make something new for the next week!
You can go over to Unstampabelles and see what the rest of the DT did - because they are way more organised than me!!!!

Here it is officially winter, as off the 1st June



A beautiful photo of the Hobart waterfront with a snow-covered kunanyi/Mt Wellington in the background thanks to Jase Evans 

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous faux stained glass, this card it's a delight!! LOVE it!