Monday 24 June 2019

Mosaic 's and Stained Glass

Hello Peeps!

My last piece of inspiration for the June challenge


The challenge is 

Stained Glass Techniques using Dies 
 TWIST Use some Glitter

I must say I did have fun making this.

Then I umm'ed and arr'ed about what medium I was going to use and eventually settled 
on my Tim Holtz Distress sprays, choosing four jewel colours.
That mean I had to get out the trusty pizza box and a piece of  thick white card stock.
As these sprays hadn't been used for a while, the nozzles were a bit blocked and so I shoved a needle into the hole to open it - I was facing the red one at the time and got a face full of fine red spray!
After cleaning off the ink, I applied them to the sheet of card instead.


TIP: wait for sprays to dry!!!
I was too quick and immediately stuck down a piece of double sided Sizzix sticky paper over my sprays - then as I peeled off the top sheet to leave a sticky surface facing me I also in places pulled back the wet surface under the sprays so had to pat them carefully back. It meant I had a flawed surface in places but I managed to get away with it.


You can see the yellow bit sticking to the top sheet in the photo above. 
Once the sticky sheet was clear I sprinkled my fine white glitter on it and pressed it into the sticky surface to create a sparkly base.


I then took my Alt&New Moroccan Mosaic Cover die and die cut from a sheet of black card the mosaic background. I actually die cut several different backgrounds to see which one looked better and this one looked quite good.


 I arranged it on the sheet of sparkle to see where it looked best and then trimmed off the pieces - you can see them on the side.
I glued the cover on the top of the sheet.

Taken in full sun

I die cut the word 'Hugs' from one of these pieces, using the SU die set Lovely Words.
I mounted this with thin foam strips to cover up the one spot showing where I had pulled the sticky up off the sprayed area. 

Taken in full sun

I then mounted the whole onto a card blank. 
However, I could have used this to decorate a bag or a box or a big tag.


Taken in shade

 There you have it - a stained glass look using dies and glitter.
I think it looks quite attractive - what do you think?

You have five days to enter the challenge at 


1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful effect, the sparkling looks great and love the mosaic die you used!