Monday 10 June 2019

What is a Die Cut?

Hello Peeps. I hope you have had a great week. I have had a mostly good one except for medical people insisting that they stick me with a needle. In their defense, they were trying to save me from some pain at the time so I cannot lay blame anywhere except at my own whimpy feet!   I have a phobia about needles so need to really process the idea usually before a needle; however,  in both cases I didn't have time to do this - hence my whinging. I am fine - just a real coward.

Here is something to take you mind off my carping...


A glorious view of kunanyi/Mt Wellington thanks toJodie Richardson.
www.instagram.com/love_this_island



Now, I looked at the challenge at Unstampabelles but there were NO ENTRIES YET. I know you have a month to enter so can only assume you are thinking about what to do.

There is a prize offered in a random number draw, so you have to enter to be in that.

$15 Aus at shop of your choice or through PayPal.

The Challenge is

Stained Glass Technique Using a Die
 TWIST Use some Glitter

to make a tag for
Unstampabelles current June Challenge#90

There are some amazing pieces on Pinterest if you go looking at stained glass technique on cards
Here is one site that has a great idea too

Is a die cut something you personally have cut using a metal die and card? Or can it be something like a peel-off, which has been die cut at some stage but not by you?  I choose to think it can be called a die cut and therefore I have used a peel-off to create my own rather than going to the many dies I have and diecutting one in metallic card for my tag. 


I added two die cut words and a ribbon.


My peel-off (very old from stash!) was put onto some vellum


I coloured in behind on the vellum using Copics


The whole was then stuck to a tag which had a sheet of double sided jac paper placed on it - the diecut /vellum was stuck down to the white card and then the rest outside the frame was still sticky. So I sprinkled it with fine white glitter, pressing it into the sticky surface with my fingers to make sure it was nice and smooth,  before applying the words in black card. 


A stained glass technique piece on a pretty gift tag.

See, you can make one too!

Go to Unstampabelles - you have three weeks to make something.



1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a lovely tag, the peel-off looks perfect for the stained glass technique!
I haven't had yet time to consider the challenge, school is going to its end and I have a lot of to do!! :(