Tuesday 12 May 2020

Backgrounds for A Place to Start


Hello Peeps!

Hope you are all keeping well!
If you are stir crazy from being isolated - I feel for you
I can go out for a walk and I still feel it!

We are currently knee deep in autumn and the weather is being autumnal, of course
While our native trees are mostly not ones that loose their leaves, some of the first white settlers
did bring trees from the northern hemisphere and they do shed.

This is at a winery in the North East of the state. 
I have sat at that bench and consumed a tasting plate of local goodies with
some tasting of champagne style wines, admittedly about two years ago now......
Some bottles were purchased for home as a result!



photo taken by Murray's Day Out
http://www.murraysdayout.com.au/

Anyway - today's card was made for the Design Team at


where the challenge in May is to 
create your own background (no Designer Papers)

I created my background by pressing onto the card with the small Tim Holtz ink pads
in a random pattern.
The colour palette was an influence from the weather around me I think.



I then stamped and w/c painted up this Mo's Pencil girl
before fussy cutting her out


The background is very loud but I think she just gets away with it


The sentiment is a stamp that I have in my stash but no idea where it comes from
although I found it in the box with the Darkroom Door stamps.
I am pretty sure it is not one of their's though....

This is my first attempt where I was adding some marks to it
Hated the outcome and just pulled the girl off and
did new background.  


You have a month to enter at the site of


Let us see how artistic and original you can be!

1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Cool background!
Looks like you have your Mojo back.
I hope you didn't throw the first attempt - you could trim it down and use the panels.