Monday 3 September 2018

Challenge #83 at Unstampabelles has arrived: Button Art with a twist of Washi tape!

Hello Peeps!

Hope all had a great Father's Day celebration - we had a lovely afternoon at our daughter's place
Weasley gave his 'dad' a t-shirt with a dapper cat and the word "CatFather" on it!

I didn't given him anything - he is not my Dad......

What do you  think of Spring so far?
It's certainly had a head start here this year......
We drove  up to Orford in the new car a few days ago and had lunch there before returning home!
Didn't see these guys there then but have seen their brothers/sisters around the bays here
They are pretty funny birds - "beaks carry more than their belly can...."

‘Pelican March into Spring’ by Warren Donnelly.
Orford in Tasmania
www.instagram.com/warren.donnelly059


Today I will showcase the newest challenge at Unstampabelles for September

83: September - Button Art
Twist - use Washi Tape

Random Number Prize on offer


I had great fun trawling through Pinterest and Button Art and came up with with a simple card to start
I used the contrast between black and white and die cut a fancy edge onto my Whisper White card

I found some buttons approx the same size and in rainbow style colours and added them


I added two different styles of washi tape as well to create a space to locate my die cut sentiment


I had a little difficulty as I glued the sentiment the wrong way around and so had to remove it and replace it - with the accompanying tearing of the layer under the sentiment.....
....but now time to create another!


Soft focus hides a lot

I think it looks a bit funky

You can enter your Button Art project 



2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun theme, so intriguing! Hope to have time for playing, it's back to school, here... and autumn is coming :)
Love your card, really funky and beautiful with that amazing fancy edge, the cute colourful buttons and the wahi tapes. No mistake is visible! :)

CG said...

This is so lovely, I really like the colored buttons with the elegant black & white background. Happy Spring! Best, CG