Monday 10 September 2018

Button Art in a Bag......

Hello people...

I have a new DT project for you for Unstampabelles

Apparently Buttons frightened crafters off as there are no entries yet for the month....

Anyway, I decorated a white paper bag - one I was given with something I purchased a few months ago, so the bag itself is being reused.



As it is Spring  I went with a flower scene

Firstly I used my luscious Dylusions paints and created a background on a sheet of Whisper White (SU).


I used TH Distress ink's to stencil on some foliage using a sponge


Then I raided my button stash - in the middle of this I knocked a lot of button's off my desk and spent the next 24 hours removing them from the claws and jaws of Weasley!!!! The upside of this was that I had to clean up a bit!!!

Once I decided on my buttons, I glued them down and let them dry for a day before attaching the panel to the bag.


I did think of adding twine to each button but quickly gave that idea away as my hands are not that capable at the moment of sewing. I did add some washi tape to the edges and co-ordinated the back with two strips also


I used two rub-ons for sentiments


OK, that's it.

You can make a card, a tag, a bag, a box  - recycle if possible too - and/or create a mixed media piece.....up to you and your style.

The photo I am sharing to say is black and white and shows off the idea that Spring is not all sunshine and blue skies. It was taken on the top of the mountain in the city and that is my bay there on the far left just off the edge from the bridge. Lindisfarne is the first bay with the boats in there and Geilston Bay is the next one up from there (out of the picture).

The hill in the far distance is Maria Island and Mt Maria
That is just near where I grew up and an hour's drive from the city.
The water in the middle is known as Pitt Water and leads off to the right into Frederick Henry Bay
The bridge is of course the Tasman Bridge
I love the cloud line in the forefront......hiding the top of the mountain.




1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sweet bag, love the scene you have created, with the buttons that seem flowers!
I'm sure that also Weasley has enjoyed the buttons so much! LOL :D
Have a lovely week!