Saturday 15 September 2018

Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge#113: Anything Goes

Look out! An Anything Goes challenge - just how many entries can we get in 2 weeks? Remember, it has to be a card. Crafting with Dragonflies is always only a card.

Now for some inspiration to get you going....


Here is a beautiful shot taken in Stanley, on the North-West coast of Tasmania and showing off the lovely night skies in the southern regions. This area gets quite a high rainfall so that is why there is a lovely green layer of grass. The rest of this country is not faring so well with major drought everywhere on the Eastern seaboard on the mainland. This is not my photo but i have lost the details of th photographer. If you know who please let me know so I can attribute it to the rightful person. 

I made a card for my youngest Grandaughter - she was 15 last week.
Enough said.

I used the Tim Holtz Crazy Cats as both of us have a cat


I forgot to photograph from the beginning but you can see that I stamped the images onto Whisper White and then masked them - I did this two ways: once by painting on the Masking Fluid and letting it dry and then using a paper mask as well over this to make sure.

I then used some water activated paint powders of various kinds to create a background
I sprinkled first and then misted with the water
I dried this off straight away with paper towel as I didn't want too dark a background


Then I removed the paper masks and rubbed off the liquid mask - you can see how white the cats re compared to the background.


I used my Copic pens to colour up the two cats and then stamped and cut up the sentiment strips
These came from Ranger. I have three sets of these slightly insulting and quirky Dylusions sayings - they make me giggle every time I read them!


They suited the situation best - she got a T-Shirt announcing she is 'Always Right' - even when she is wrong.........among her other presents. She is a lovely girl and very smart so I knew she would appreciate the humour. 


I do love these cats.....


So, Happy Birthday for last week Lily

Here is my card for Crafting with Dragonflies
Challenge#113: Anything Goes

2 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

I saw this at Crafting with Dragonflies and had to come over and tell you how much I love this! Everything about it is Purr-fect from those scrappy kitties to the sentiment! Great background, too! Thanks for making my day with this fun creation!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D Fun card, love it!