Sunday 30 September 2018

Just to Say.....

...it is not Fall (Autumn) here but Spring!! 


Here is my tub of tulips - they survived their drowning!


The orchids are still in full flower.....
Note the Boronia flowering next to them 


However, over at Eclectic Ellapu we have a new October Challenge - we challenge you to make something about Fall!


I made a card BUT I did colour up the papers to die cut the leaves......

I started by locating as many pieces of paper that I had where I had mopped up paint or spray and which might look autumnal....

I die cut out some leaves but didn't like them that much by themselves so decided to do a new sheet
A$ Whisper White with Brusho's and similar added 
I sprayed with water first and then puffed on the paint powders


I kept doing this until I was happy with the look and then ran a paper towel over the top to mop up the excess and dried off the card with the heat gun.


I then die cut out some leaves using a die I had acquired as a freebie
Even the sentiment was part of it.


One of the pieces of card I had unearthed earlier has a nice muted look to it so I used it as the background to my leaves. When I attached it to the card blank I ran a fine black pen around the outside edge to define it a bit.


I did the same with the sentiment
The die set had acorns so I added them also


Some leavesare stuck directly to the background and some are lifted on dimensionals


I wanted a literal 'fall' of leaves. 
Here we have mostly non deciduous trees - they shed all year around so a tree which sheds after the leaves have changed colour all at the same time is always  a bit of a wonder for us. 

After saying that, because the English came here in the early 1800's and settled onto Aboriginal land, they planted lots of trees from home here as well so we do have places where this amazing 'fall' of leaves occurs in Autumn but on the whole we have native plants around us. 

So....where is your Fall item?
You have a month to enter it at 




2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I too have these dies, they have a beautiful texture and look great with your own brushos paper. Lovely card!

frommycraftroom said...

You have achieved some great leaf colours there. Your orchid looks magnificent.