Monday 24 September 2018

Last Week for Challenge #83: Buttons and Washi Tape

Hello Peeps - hope you have had a good week. This typifies our week here in the south of Tasmania


This morning’s sunrise from Blackmans Bay thanks to Katy Morgan who says:
A trifecta of cracking sunrises. The last three days have been spectacular something different every morning. A place close to home this morning to watch another sunrise in.
www.instagram.com/katypotaty77


Well, this has been an interesting challenge fort Unstampabelles, if only to show us that people don't have buttons anymore or perhaps just don't like using them.

I have made a card this week for some inspiration for you all - trying out a technique I have seen a few times but not done before.



Here is a blast from the past - my old Fiskar's big circle punch!
This suits my hands to use better than other punch types


I used some old DSP from SU (Carried Away) and punched out a few circles
This meant all the circles were going to meld and match


As I had the camera handy this time I took a few more shots than usual.
I had to mark where the cross pieces were on each circle and then carefully score and fold to create the square


Then I took a piece of mount (SU Whisper White) and measured where to place the washi tape
I used two different ones


Then I placed the squares into the middle and glued them down


I played with lots of buttons and finally settled on this combination
Some are SU buttons and some are jumper buttons!



 Once glued in place I added this to a card


I decided to keep the sentiment inside

My take on using buttons and washi tape!

Hope to see your work over at Unstampabelles!
You have a week to enter.




2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Brilliant use of buttons and fab design! Your card looks stunning with all these dimensions! Great work.
That sunrise is just wonderful!!!

frommycraftroom said...

Very creative! I've seen similar made into baubles.
I too have an old circle punch like that (and a few other shapes!) you are right they can be easier to use.
I think people have buttons just don't want to use them!